Career Level Manager
Experience 5 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Location Phuket, Thailande
Assistant Vice President Operations (gn)
- Develops operating plans and workable business processes for the operations department in alignment with the overall Asia Pacific regional strategy.
- Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting out on the process, progress and results.
- Responds to, solves, and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
- Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. Typically, influences the work of cross-functional or extended teams.
- Works to enhance the organization’s capabilities through effective staffing and development of others by:
- Anticipating staffing requirements by comparing business needs with the strengths and weaknesses of existing staff.
- Investing to ensure the knowledge and skills necessary to sustain world-class performance are present and/or in the pipeline.
- Using appropriate interviewing tools to hire the best managers available from inside or outside.
- Establishing goals and delegating tasks appropriately.
- Setting and maintaining high standards for team and individual performance.
- Making and rewarding distinctions in performance.
- Coaching own team to collaborate with others.
- Providing timely coaching and feedback.
- Engaging in progressive disciplinary processes, when appropriate.
- Assists site leaders in achieving business results by:
- Acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- Assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- Achieving results against budgeted site metrics.
- Taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- Developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- Balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- Working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
- Communicating proactively and consistently with the site leaders.
- Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Performs other duties as appropriate.
- College degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least 5 years experience in multiple operation disciplines, including successful completion of a General manager position in vacation ownership and/or lodging equivalent.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel (60%).
- Excellent organizational skills, managing multiple high-priority projects simultaneously.
- Extensive P&L, budgeting, accounts receivable, and reserve knowledge.
- Ability to assess situations and find practical solutions.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills in English.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.