Sofia joined LHC International in January 2020 as a 360° Senior Consultant in our Hospitality team. Since June 2021 she is People & Culture Manager.
In this interview, Sofia explains what is the internal hiring process at LHC International.
How does the internal hiring process work at LHC?
- We contact potential candidates via various social media platforms, including career changers.
We can also receive recommendations from existing candidates who have already worked with us in a client’s process.
- We explain to them what we do and what we stand for.
- If they are interested, we arrange a first prescreen interview with me.
- If both the mindset and the candidate fit us, we invite them for another round of interviews.
Usually, 1 or 2 Managing Consultants or Nadine our COS join the interviews.
- In the last round, our owner Garry gets to know the candidate, often on-site in the office because a personal impression is still the most important one for us.
- To finish, we offer to do a trial day, to look behind the scenes at LHC
- When everything fits and everyone has made a positive decision, the contract is signed.
During the interviews, I explain a lot about the structures at LHC:
- Where do we come from?
- Who we are?
- What is our vision for the coming years?
- What are our values?
It is also important to explain to them that we are not a group and that we are continually growing. This means that our structure and processes are also changing.
Which skills are expected from a consultant?
We do not expect any unusual or outstanding qualifications, resumes and certificates are also of secondary importance to us.
The most important skills that a consultant should have with us are:
We live in an open and communicative team culture. We are an international team, and we like diversity.
At LHC International, we are open to personalities who bring an authentic and natural sales focus without being overbearing and obtrusive.
Our consultants should work smart and maintain the trust of their clients and candidates to become long-term partners they can trust.
The interview was conducted by Margaux Sauvage – Marketing Manager at LHC International.
Are you a candidate and you are interested in a career in recruitment?
If yes, CONTACT US for a short call to discuss our future work together.